Montreal-based photographer, Conor Nickerson, came up with an absolutely brilliant idea for a photo project — Photoshop his current self into childhood photos.
All of the pictures that Conor would use from his childhood were taken between 1997 and 2005. The results of his Photoshopping project are absolutely uncanny — it looks like he’s hanging out with his childhood self; it’s a real mind-bender.
“While looking through some old family photos, I wondered what it would it look like if tried to photoshop myself today into them,” Conor says on Facebook. “I gathered all the old hats and t-shirts that I could find and did my best to put myself into childhood moments which, aside from these photos, remain only a distant memory.”
Given the quality of the photos from almost 20 years ago, it was going to take some effort to try and match up the colors and grain perfectly.
“It involved a lot of blurring, sharpening, and noise to try to get it to look like an older photo.”
After staring at his computer screen for hours end, Conor wasn’t sure if he was getting the effect he truly wanted. However, after stepping back and showing his work to others, he realized he pulled it off.
“Editing the pictures and looking at them so closely for so long takes a bit away from the shock value, but seeing the final images all together definitely is a bit strange! I feel like me and little me would have gotten along pretty alright.”
Check out Conor hanging out with his younger self in his ‘Childhood’ photo project below.
Conor should start a business doing this for other people; it’s so good!
1. Conor having a jam session with little Conor.
2. Together, they make an excellent Blue Brother duo.
3. Taking a train ride with ‘mini-Conor.’
4. Conor helping his baby-self open present.
5. Pose for the pictures, Conors!
6. Backyard hangs with himself.
7. Nice touch with the Photoshop candle.
8. Just a couple of Conors in their sunglasses again.
9. His feet can reach the grass now.
10. Big Conor watching Little Conor pick some apples.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Like us on Facebook to get more stories
Source: Bored Panda