After Tragic Accident Involving Charging Cord, Mom Urges Parents To Not Make The Same Mistake

Even the most cautious and loving of moms have to take their eyes off their child at some point.

Unfortunately, a child can get into some trouble in those few seconds that a parent looks away.

Courtney N Davis, a mother from Glasgow, KY, is warning other parents about the trouble her phone charger caused when her daughter got a hold of it in one of the brief moments that she was looking away.

Her infant grabbed her store-bought Samsung Note 5 charger and put it in her mouth. Her daughter received a terrible electric burn that turned the left corner of the child’s mouth into a white and grey sore.

Share

Source: Courtney N Davis

Thankfully, Gabby didn’t seem to be experiencing any pain.The burn, however, made a serious mark on the girl’s face that seemed to get worse over the next few days.

She may need to see a plastic surgeon to repair the damage that was done.

Now, Davis is warning other parents to keep their children far, far away from their phone chargers. The warning post she made on Facebook went viral and got more than 304,470 shares.

Share

Source: Courtney N Davis

You can check out the post below:

“*UPDATE: Gabby saw the doctor this morning and while it definitely looks better now than it did we will still be referred to a plastic surgeon to get another opinion and further care for this.

I have received quite a few messages wanting to know what kind of charger it was. It was a store-bought charger that fits a SAMSUNG Note 5.

UPDATE: Gabby’s mouth is looking better. We have an appt tomorrow with her pediatrician to see about getting a referral to a specialist. She still acts like it doesn’t hurt. To everyone messaging me please know that I have read most messages I just haven’t had time to reply. I will continue to update this post as things progress. A new picture of her mouth has been added to the comments.”

“So I wasn’t going to post about this until I posted in a mom group and found out many parents don’t think twice about the danger of a phone charger around children. On Sept 28th my 19-month-old stuck my phone charger in her mouth.

We went to the Dr who confirmed that it was an electrical burn there was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it. Any other day my charger wouldn’t have been plugged up in her reach but bc of a bunch of stuff going on that day I didn’t have time to move it. It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned.”

“She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it. The one day it isn’t moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn. She doesn’t feel it thank God hasn’t acted like it bothers her at all.

**Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach. My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her.”

Share

Source: Courtney N Davis

You can see her Facebook post here.

Please SHARE this with your friends and family.

Source: Courtney N Davis, Featured image credit: Reddit

D.G. Sciortino

D.G. is a contributing writer in Shareably. She’s based in Connecticut and can be reached at hi@shareably.net.

Click here to Read from the source