Being a parent is incredible. Creating a life and raising a child is one of the most fulfilling and amazing things that anyone can experience. Witnessing their first smile, first word, and first steps — it’s a beautiful thing. These are the joys of parenting.
Every mom and dad, however, can tell you that parenting is far from glamorous and it’s not always full of happiness and joy.
Moms, especially, know that pregnancy and parenting take a major toll on their bodies and sanity. French artist, Nathalie Jomard, illustrates these pains and woes in a way that only moms will understand. Her hilarious illustrations will definitely hit close home to anyone with little ones running around.
These 20 honest illustrations prove just how hard motherhood and parenting can be.
Don’t take your parents for granted. They’re superhumans.
1. Private bathroom time? What’s that?
2. Nothing fits quite the same. Bras? Forget about it.
3. A peaceful night’s sleep in your spacious bed is a thing of the past.
4. One tiny baby can make the most colossal messes.
5. Despite having dozens of toys, nothing is more fun than your toiletries and makeup.
6. That bikini just isn’t fitting the way it was before.
7. Sun protection at the beach is of the utmost importance.
8. Somehow, moms are able to juggle a million things throughout the day.
9. Convincing your kid to eat vegetables is a constant battle.
10. Your children are always finding fun new ways to “hide” your valuables.
11. Always trying to find some magical piece of advice in ‘mommy help’ books.
12. Dealing with a child’s pet’s death for the first time is super awkward.
13. Breastfeeding can be torturous.
14. Sleeping in on the weekend seems like a distant memory.
15. Surprises are around every corner.
16. Hair and face pulling is a daily occurrence.
17. “Professional juggler” can now be added to the resume.
18. Mealtime is like going to war.
19. Potty training can be…messy.
20. Even though they’re exhausted — moms still (barely) have time to work and study.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Like us on Facebook to get more stories